By Hayden Sowers
Ole Miss continued it’s preparation for this Saturday’s game with the Auburn Tigers indoors inside the IPF and Hugh Freeze called it a “good practice and work day” adding that he was pleased with attitude of the team.
- Attitude of the team was something Freeze admitted he was concerned about coming off the tough loss last Saturday, but both Freeze and OC Dan Werner admitted the team has come out and responded well this week. From Werner after practice, “It’s tough for all of us, but we talked about it as a staff, and we can’t let it beat us twice.”
- Injury-wise the Rebels look to be without the services of offensive lineman Justin Bell on Saturday as Freeze said he hurt his lower back in the weight room. Bell didn’t practice today nor did he go yesterday leaving the already thin offensive line even more thin.
- WR Korvic Neat is at about 85% according to Freeze. He went through all of the drills we were able to watch today and looks to play on Saturday. Freeze also said that DL Woodrow Hamilton “isn’t ready yet.”
- Another injury update on QB Bo Wallace’s sister Baylee, who was in a bad auto accident earlier this week. “Surgery was six hours long, and they thought they were going to have to go in both front and back, but they did not which was good. It’ll be a long recovery, but doctors feel very good about everything being a full recovery. “We feel very blessed and thank God that it’s not worse than it is. I think it’s three months of no movement and then hopefully from that point forward everything will start moving towards a full recovery,” Freeze said.
- Both Freeze and Werner stated that Bo would be ready to go Saturday.