A few notes on the Trojans, who visit for an 11 a.m. kick Saturday, TV ESPNU.
- Troy is 5-5 overall, 3-3 in the Sun Belt. That’s fourth place, a game behind the University formerly known as Northeast Louisiana.
- Troy is coming off a 41-36 loss at La.-Lafayette (remember the hyphen) last Thursday where the Trojans were hurt by a dual threat quarterback in Terrence Broadway. It was the seventh straight win for the Cajuns, who lead the Sun Belt at 4-0.
- Troy can move the football (No. 23 in total offense 478.5, No. 35 in scoring 34.1 ppg), but the Trojans’ defense has been as wide open as their offense. They’re No. 105 in scoring defense (35.2 ppg), No. 114 in turnover margin and No. 115 in pass defense efficiency.
- Troy QB Corey Robinson has a 145.5 passer rating. He leads the Sun Belt with 19 touchdown passes and is 170 yards away from 3,000 for the season.
- The Trojans have three backs who have rushed for at least 390 yards, those three ranking in the top 11 Sun Belt rushers.