A few notes going into tonight’s Ole Miss game at Kansas State. Tip is 8 p.m., TV is ESPN2 …
From the Mother Ship, Rebels hit the road
– The Rebels are 6-0. They are 12-1 since a frustrating loss at Mississippi State last March.
– Kansas State is 4-3. The Wildcats have had trouble scoring but have played pretty solid defense. K-State has scored 63 points or fewer four times and is 1-3 in those games. They lost at home this season to Northern Colorado. Their other losses were neutral site games against Charlotte and Georgetown.
– Ole Miss is 3-0 all-time against Kansas State including an 86-74 win in Puerto Rico in 2009, their most recent meeting. The Rebels won in Manhattan in 2001.
Here’s Jarvis Summers:
– Ole Miss has three players averaging at least 15 points led by Summers at 15.7, then Derrick Millinghaus at 15.3, Marshall Henderson at 15.2.
– A win tonight would give Ole Miss wins over the ACC, Big 12 and Big 10 in the same season for the first time in school history.
– Ole Miss is 16-17 against current members of the Big 12. The Rebels have most often faced Texas and have a 6-8 record against the Longhorns.
– In spite of the loss of Reggie Buckner, the Rebels currently rank fourth in the nation at 8.3 blocked shots per game. Ole Miss has blocked 45 shots in its last five games. Aaron Jones leads the way with 3.0 per game, followed by Demarco Cox and Anthony Perez with 1.3 per game.