Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze made available three extra viewing periods today which included team drills.
From the team work we learned some things, and the video adds a little more detail.
Here’s what we learned:
- Bo Wallace was accurate for those three periods. Had a nice deep ball to Cody Core, who was covered nicely by Senquez Golson. That one was won by the QB and receiver and made me think of Tee Shepard’s presence at cornerback. Shepard didn’t stand out in those periods, but if he camps as good as his recruiting coverage all the cornerbacks will need to make more plays. It wasn’t as though Golson had a bad day. Earlier he had a nice break-up of a well thrown ball to Vince Sanders.
- Freshman Marquis Haynes worked with the ones at defensive end in place of Fadol Brown who remains out with a sprained ankle. Haynes covered a lot of ground in the spring as an early enrollee. Look for him to get on the field. Brown was in shorts and wearing a boot on his injured ankle. He was moving around pretty good with the boot which makes me think the injury is minor. It’s been described as such.
- Speaking of injuries, didn’t see Issac Gross today. C.J. Hampton was dressed and back at practice. Freeze talks a little more about injuries in the video.
- The first team OL looked like this: LT Laremy Tunsil, LG Aaron Morris, C Ben Still, RG Justin Bell, RT Fahn Cooper. Rod Taylor was working second team at right guard. Chase Hughes was the second-team center, Robert Conyers the left tackle, Daronte Bouldin the left guard and Craig Frigo the right tackle.
- Lots of guys were getting reps at running back in those three periods including I’Tavius Mathers, Jaylen Walton, Mark Dodson and Akeem Judd. I’m sure there are others I’ve missed.